Wednesday, July 30, 2008

YOU & ME - YOU Magazine, The News International

YOU & ME
Rezza Aly Shah

Interviewed by

Waqas Hasan Sharif

DATED:[29TH-JULY-2008]

Admit it girls, we all fancy our celebs. The glitz of their glamorous world attracts us - what they wear, where they shop, what they dream of, their love-interests, their favourite things - we love to get the scoop. Keeping this in mind, from time to time You! is going to share some interesting tete-a-tete with popular celebrities. This time around, we were lucky enough to get hold of Rezza Aly Shah, popularly known as 'Rezz' - a fashion choreographer-cum-event manager. It may be shocking but the lad was originally a political science graduate; he also has an LLB and a masters' degree in Business Administration to his name! But thankfully Rezz didn't stick to that, since he has always been passionate about fashion and modelling. He started his event management company - 'Rezz Events' in 2000 in Islamabad. Since then there has been no looking back. Rezz has numerous fashion shows with designers like Maria B, Mahen Khan, Sarah Gandapur, Deepak Perwani, Sobia Nazir, Sadia Mirza etc to his credit. Rezz Events has done launch shows for places like Rendezvous' Rawalpindi, Cinnamon Cafe and Restaurant Islamabad, Sage Designer Store and also Chevy's' Cafe in Islamabad. If you are eager to know what's this gentleman likes and dislikes are, read on....

- Your claim to fame?

Rezz Events

- How many shows have you done so far?

Countless

- What's your most memorable show?

I guess the show I did in Bhurban for LG Shine

- Who is your favourite choreographer?

Sheroo (HSY)

- Who is your favourite model?

Ahhahhaaa! You want someone to kill me hun!! Can't think of one, actually Iraj, Rubab, Natty, Sunita, Neha and Fauzia are really good on the ramp...

- Your favourite designer?

Sana Safinaz

- Who is your best friend in showbiz?

So many. I never get bored in the company of my friends especially Adnan and Micky

- What is style to you?

It's kind of a personal aura. You cannot buy style, it's your own individuality

- How do you unwind?

I like to go on long walks with my ipod and sometimes just chill with my mom at home watching Star Plus dramas ...

- What is your favourite hang-out?

I love Cafe Zouk in Lahore, PAUL in Dubai, Majlis in Isloo...

- Your idea of romance?

I believe in relations from the heart, not planned mind games

- You are possessive about...

My mom

- You are passionate about...

My work

- You like men who are....

Honest and creative.

- You like women who are...

Beautiful and stylish

- What do you dislike about yourself?

Sometimes I feel like a fool as I trust people too soon, so I get hurt when people show their true colours. I hope I'll be more practical than emotional in future!!

- Your most valuable possession?

My Rolex, which my late father gave me on my graduation.

- You are afraid of...

Death

- You hate people who are...

Liars

- You get bored by...

Sitting idle. I am a workaholic

- If given a chance, would you like to settle abroad?

I love my country and there is no place in the world where we can get this level of comfort and respect

- What is the one thing which is very dear to you?

My friends and my family

- Your idea of happiness?

To find solace and be content in what we have, not what we urge to have.

- You are known by your friend as somebody who is...

Honest, and hard working

- You are proud of...

My clean reputation and my loyalty with my family, friends and my clients

No comments: