Friday, August 1, 2008

Friendship Day Special - Us Magazine, The News International

WHY US MAGAZINE WHY?

I'M seriously nothing without you guys!!!


DATED:[1ST-AUGUST-2008]

Fatima, Meesam, Sumaiya, Ferrukh and Salman. We have been friends since 1998 and our artist Ferrukh has been making these pictures for our group 'Numerators' for the last three years. This picture is last year's and is undoubtedly the best one to date. I could have given our original picture, but this one represents us so well that our real picture looks nothing when compared to it. These four people are my life and no matter where I am and what I do, I know they are the people I will ALWAYS have... sometimes behind me and sometimes with me :)

Fatima

This is my best buddy with me at an undisclosed location. Do you know the best thing about this friendship? My buddy doesn't even know me, but he surely helps me out by gracing my 'Pollutics' articles whenever I need him! Here is to our continued friendship, as I now claim the honour of being 'the friend of the friendless'!

Waqas Hassan Sharif

This photo reminds me of the unlimited fun we had during our intercollegiate basketball practices. We went for our final match with more than 15 supporters. Unfortunately, we were not able to win but hey we were the runners up! After the match we went to KFC before going back to college. We had so much fun! We annoyed the assistant manager and the waiter a lot. He would ask us to go and sit on the table and wait for the meal but we wouldn't budge from the counter. We laughed our heads off. In the end we had Rs40 left, so we had a small single scoop. It was our last year in the college and the most memorable one.

Nayab Shakil

What? No, no... Just tell me, why are you looking like this? Are you jealous of my best friend, Blacky? I remember taking him out for a walk that morning when I observed a quote written at the back of a car, "The more I know people, the more I love my dog!" Blacky is my only best friend. He sleeps in my room, he's obedient, he's intelligent and he loves me like anything! It was probably two years back when he was a baby and my brother gifted him to me on my birthday.

In the beginning, I used to hate him. But one day I realised how much I loved him when Blacky's nose started to bleed due to some reason and I started crying! I love you, Blacky. Happy Friendship Day! Hamza Asad

No matter how busy life gets, I always have time to think about "Jani Gang". Hassan (Totti), Shayan (Shane), Ali (Sherry), Shahbaz (Timmy), Umair (Bugz), Amar (Rana Sahab), Ibrahim (Ibri), Arslan (Achu), Saad (Saadi) and Humza (Doc). None of us is really sure how we arrived at this name but that is what we used to call ourselves. From our morning boys' meeting to lunch in the break time and after school we made sure that we laughed with one of us taking the humour department into his hands. We had our routine fights but hey that is part of the deal. This picture is nearest to my heart with myself on the right and Hassan on the left. We were, what I proudly say, the exact definition of perfection: Na bohat baghairat na bohat sharif :P

Humza Asad

True friendship is a bond which makes people remember each other even when they are miles apart. We three friends Haya (Me), Nabeeha and Maria follow this very idea. Hailing from three different provinces of Pakistan, we met in USA at a cultural exchange programme. We share fun moments, joys and sorrows with each other and always make sure to send an SMS whenever anyone of us remembers an old joke, prank or story.

Besides the relationship with your family, one of the best relationships you can have is with your friends. You cherish each moment that you spend with them and share all of your secrets. We believe in only one quote: A FRIEND IN NEED IS A FRIEND INDEED. Standing by your friend whenever s/he needs you is what we call 'true' friendship.

My gang and I had a wonderful time at our university's annual picnic. Here in this pic is my buddy gang: Amna Ameer, Me (Meena Ahmed), Mehreen Masood and Sabina Rizwan. Love you, friends!

No comments: